Hello Fellow Filmmakers and Theater professionals!
If you’re a film or theater director, actor or filmmaker looking for workshop where you make serious progress achieving your creative and professional goals in the very important area of DIRECTING ACTORS, join us. Goodman Directing and Acting Studio offers intensive workshops for film and theater directors. This is a comprehensive course with practical and real life examples, and scientific approach. The director will learn how to bring out the best possible performance from their actors and create a memorable and everlasting work of art. Our workshops and book, “The Art of Directing Actors,” by Ernest Goodman presents directing actors as a practical psychology: the art of managing human behavior. Our ultimate goal is quality of education, which is why our classes are small. Every student will work with actors we provide.
There are about 10 chapters from the book posted in our blog and they are available to download.
Thus we offer two types of workshops for directors:I. DIRECTING ACTORS INTENSIVE – 4 days, $1000 II. DIRECTING ACTORS INTRODUCTION – 1 day, $300 (currently not available) Directing Actors Intensive workshop includes:
(1) Basic principles of directing actors
(2) Understanding of Result and General directions
(3) Examples of the common mistakes of director (20 examples of Result-oriented and General direction)
(4) More than 17 methods of directing gathered from different teachers and practitioners from different countries which show students the effective ways of directing actors. The successful techniques of Constantin Stanislavski, Michael Chekhov, Stella Adler, Sanford Meisner and others are presented
(5) Casting principles
(6) Rehearsal techniques
(7) Script breakdown, the director’s plan of the movie
(8) Most known acting methods and techniques
The personal interview is required: The candidates will be accepted only after interview with the Ernest Goodman. Please email as soon as possible to schedule your workshop.